SPECIAL PROJECTS :: Asia Pacific Youth Choir Auditions
The Asia Pacific Youth Choir is original in its concept, bringing together talented young singers aged 18 - 28 years from the Asia Pacific region. The Asia Pacific Youth Choir is established as one of the most remarkable musical and intercultural experiences offered to young musicians in the Asia Pacific region.
The first Asia Pacific Youth Choir was successfully held in Macau from 21 to 26 February 2011.
The second Asia Pacific Youth Choir will take place in July 2012. The rehearsal camp will be in Tianjin, China, and concerts will be in Beijing as part of the IFCM World Choral Summit.
Filipinos in the APYC
Mary Jeane V. Egloso (2011)
Rem Anthony Valenzuela (2011)
Jonathan M. Velasco (2011)
APYC Auditions 2012
The Philippine Choral Directors Association is inviting Filipino choristers aged 18-28 years old to send their audition folios for the Asia Pacific Youth Choir.
PCDA has been designated by Jonathan M. Velasco, Philippine representative to the IFCM - Asia Pacific Working Committee and concurrent PCDA President , as the official audition coordinator for the Philippine auditions for the first Asia Pacific Youth Choir.
Audition Folio Submissions
Comply with all the audition requirements listed in the APYC website. Click Here to access the audition requirements. These materials comprise the audition folio.
OPTION 1: Post / Courier
OPTION 2: E-mail
All submissions will be confirmed via e-mail. If you do not receive e-mail confirmation by 17 February 2012, send the following message (without quotation marks) to 0917 834 0424 to request confirmation that your folio was received: "Please confirm APYC Audition Folio of <Full Name> sent <Date> via <Option>. Thank you." DO NOT SEND THIS SMS BEFORE 17 FEBRUARY 2012.
APYC Auditions 2011
- Sr. Mary Placid Abejo
Provincial Drop-off Centers
- Pay the P100 audition fee at any Banco De Oro Branch. Deposit your payment to Philippine Choral Directors Association Inc., Savings Account Number 1070172934 (BDO Visayas Avenue Branch).
- Acknowledgment receipts can be requested separately from the PCDA Secretary General in writing via e-mail.
- Fill up the registration form below.
- Print your confirmation e-mail.
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail after 24 hours, please send a SMS to the PCDA Secretary General at 0917 834 0424 using this format: <Full Name> Please confirm APYC audition application. A reply via SMS from the number above will suffice as your confirmation.
- Comply with all the audition requirements listed in the APYC website. Click Here to access the audition requirements.
- Assemble your folio by placing all the audition requirements in a sealed brown envelop with your full name written on the upper left corner
- Bring your folio to the nearest drop-off center and present your confirmation e-mail printout or SMS to the PCDA member mentioned below.
- Deadline of submissions: 12:00 noon, 29 July 2010 (Thursday).
Jun Ayran [ PCDA Member ]
San Pascual Baylon Chamber Singers
San Pascual Baylon Parish Church
Poblacion, San Pascual, Batangas
Tel. Nos. 0939 329 6698 & 0908 862 3801 (Haydee Lyn Bamba)
Normita "Bing" Pablico [ PCDA Member ]
SLU Glee Club
Center for Culture and the Arts
St. Louis University, Baguio City
Oscar Pantaleon Jr. [ PCDA Secretary General ]
Azalea Avenue, Greenwoods Village
Paliparan 1, 4114 Dasmarinas, Cavite
Tel. No. 0917 834 0424
Anna Abeleda-Piquero [ PCDA Director ]
University of the Visayas Chorale c/o Stacy Tumamak
UVC Music Room, UV Main Campus,
Colon Street, Cebu City
Bong Aviola [ PCDA Member ]
Musikademy, Unit 209 McArthur's Pod
McArthur Highway, Matina, 8000 Davao City
Tel. No. (082) 297 4542
Arne Lubasan [ PCDA Member ]
Conservatory of Music, University of San Agustin
Gen. Luna St., Iloilo City
Tel. No. (33) 337 4841 to 44 local (9)265
58 Lanzones St,, Project 2
1102 Quezon City